Friday, August 24, 2007

School Starts in 3 Days

School starts in 3 days and I'm not ready. I never am, or I never feel like I am so this is a normal feeling for this time of year. The last 7 days have been spent in meetings with very little time to actually prepare for the 5 preparations I'm responsible for. I'm not whining, I'm not complaining, just stating facts and venting a little frustration.

And then there are the 3 students in my household that need to be ready for Monday. We have all the supplies, all the clothes. I'm just trying to spend a little time getting them prepared for early mornings, using their manners, and reminding them of the purpose of going to school.

I haven't touched my sewing machine in over a week. I really miss being able to wake up and sit down with my coffee to work on a current sewing project. I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine and working in some sewing time. Quilt Festival is only 2 months away and I'm making a list of stuff I want to find.

Ok, there was one teacher workshop this week that I got something out of. This video was shown and I felt it was worth sharing. Kind of scary and makes you feel like you might drown in this information age, but it really makes me feel my job is important.

If you are a teacher reading my blog I wish you a peaceful year and thank you for your time and concerns for our kids. Remember that even if you only reach one soul this year it is exponential.


No comments: